Diocese of Salford Section 48 Inspection
On the 4th of December this year we welcomed two inspectors into our school for our Catholic School Inspection.
This inspection focuses on how well we support pupils in developing their faith and how effective we are as a Catholic school overall.
I am very proud to report that the inspectors found that the school “continues to shine as an outstanding Catholic school and serves the community well.” They also commented on the ‘exceptional pastoral care’ and the ‘safe, supportive and secure environment’ we provide for pupils which enables pupils to ‘flourish and achieve’.
We are very proud of the report and feel it reflects what we see every day at St Patrick’s: a wonderful team of pupils, staff, governors and parents working together day by day to create a happy and thriving environment in which to live and learn. This team effort is why Amazing Things Happen Here!
Thank you to all our parents and carers for their never-ending support; we would not be so successful without your back up and engagement.
The school was last inspected by OFSTED on 16th January 2008 and achieved an overall rating of Grade 1: Outstanding.
Particular mention was made of the following:
- The excellent improvement in examination results
- The outstanding teaching received and the challenging and lively response to it
- The excellent leadership of the headteacher and her senior staff
- The enthusiasm for learning
- The excellent relationships between students which enhance learning
- The outstanding behaviour and strong commitment to the school
- The outstanding care, guidance and support received
- The enthusiasm for the arts and extra-curricular activities.
Our Ofsted Report is available to view online or download through the clickable links on this page.