Our Five Year Curriculum
Computer Science will enable pupils to develop their understanding of the main principles of problem solving using computers. They will apply their understanding to develop computer-based solutions to problems using algorithms and a high-level programming language. Pupils also develop a range of technical skills, as well as being able to effectively test and evaluate computing solutions. Studying Computer Science will help learners appreciate current and emerging computing technologies, the benefits of their use and recognise their potential risks.
- Computational thinking, that is thinking about what can be computed and how, and includes consideration of the data required
- understanding the main principles of solving problems by using computers
- understanding that every computer system is made up of sub-systems, which in turn consist of further sub-systems
- Understanding the component parts of computer systems and how they interrelate, including software, data, hardware, communications and people
- skills necessary to apply understanding to solve computer-based problems using a high-level programming language