Graduate Teaching Assistant
Salary: Scale 1B (Point 10 —13)
Contract Hours: 30 Hours — TTO
Contract Term: Fixed Term (12 Months)
Start Date: September 2017
Executive Principal: Mrs Barbara Rogers CBE
Executive Principal (Designate): Mr Patrick Murden
We are seeking to appoint Graduate Teaching Assistants for this high performing 11-16 Teaching School. Duties will include providing support to classroom based teachers, working with pupils on an individual and small group basis to help with their learning. Lesson cover may also be required after training in this area. The candidate must be a recent graduate looking to gain school experience with the view to becoming a teacher in the future.
The position offers the opportunity to join the staff of an outstanding school, gaining valuable experience in a supportive, passionate and hardworking team. The successful candidate will:
- Have a love for education and learning
- Have high regard for their learning environment and resources
- Aspire to be a talented, dynamic and an ambitious teacher in the future
- Have the desire to inspire, engage and enthuse students
- Engage with professional development opportunities, training sessions and CPD to help you develop your skills and knowledge.
Full access to the Graduate Teaching Assistant programme and support will be given to the successful candidate.
Closing date: Friday 30th June at 12 Noon
Interview Date: Friday 7th July 2017
Please contact Mrs Beverley Robinson if you wish to arrange a school visit. Completed applications to be returned to email@example.com. Electronic applications are preferred.
St Patrick’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as our first priority.