At St Patrick's we cherish and value the excellent relationships we have with parents. As a listening school, we go to great lengths to ensure communications with our parents is as effective as possible and that we foster a genuine partnership between pupils, parents and staff.
The Parent Forum
The Parent Forum meets twice a term after school. At every meeting there are opportunities for parents to raise issues or seek clarification about educational and wider school matters or other issues that might impact upon their child or the school.
There is always a senior member of staff present at every meeting, ably supported by a dedicated secretary who handles all communication and admin for the group.
In addition to meetings being a forum for parents’ views, we organize a timetable of presentations by curriculum leaders who present information on developments in their subject areas.
The Parent Forum is also used by teaching staff to gauge opinion or feedback about ideas or initiatives. You can be sure that when new directives from the government are introduced they will be shared and discussed at the Parent Forum.
Views can be expressed in confidence within a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
The minutes of every meeting are shared with the whole school community and at every senior leadership meeting.
All parents are welcome.
We are listening and appreciate your views.
Key Features of the Parent Forum
- Regular meeting twice a term.
- Parents can raise concerns and or suggest new ideas.
- Regular Input about the curriculum by subject staff.
- Parents have an opportunity to contribute positively to the school.
- Views can be expressed in confidence within a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
- Minutes of the meetings are shared with the whole School community including the senior leadership team.